Specializing in Nonfiction
- Collect an author’s or subject matter expert’s thoughts through interviews and written materials
- Organize and structure the material so it flows through a useful narrative arc
- Produce a written document that captures the ideas and thoughts in the author’s voice
- Ideal for use in:
- Case studies
Big-picture envisioning of project
- A memorandum that captures what the author is trying to accomplish in the book or with the book.
- Who the author is writing for
- How the book fits into its target market
The goal of this document is to articulate a coherent story of the book that blends the author’s perspective with that of the target reader and the (prospective) publishing company.
- Tables and visual tools that identify how a book plan fits its target market
- A memorandum that summarizes relevant information:
- Presents an assessment of the book plan’s strengths and weaknesses
- Offers recommendations about how to capitalize on strengths and minimize weaknesses
Queries and edits
- Hands-on, detailed querying
- Line editing
- Rewriting as needed or requested
This editorial work is informed by multiple points of view from big-picture planning documents and includes a memorandum expressing revision plans.
- Identify and describe key elements of work that need to be done to bring a book to market
- Hire and manage freelance editorial professionals to execute elements of a book project as needed
- Create a schedule of work and keep personnel working toward milestones